Holiday stresses creeping in this time of year? Focus on wellness to keep a clear head.
The holiday season brings joy to many people around the world. Spending quality time with family, catching up with friends, and just spreading general cheer makes it a time to look forward to every year.
But unfortunately, joy isn’t all that it brings. November and December also bring a great deal of stress to many, for a variety of reasons. Jampacked schedules, holiday shopping, and excessive travel to name a few.
In fact, a recent study found that an astounding 88% of Americans find the holiday season to be the most stressful time of the year.
So what can you do to cope this time of year? First, please realize that you are not alone – and far from it (just see the statistic above). Then, consider trying some of these helpful tips:
- Meditation – As little as 5 minutes a day can bring you back to your center and help remove the external “chatter”. Mindfulness Meditation is a great place to start – just follow only your breath and make a mental note when your attention fades, then going back to your breath.
- Exercise – The mind/body connection we all have is undeniable. If you’re feeling swamped this holiday season, head to your local gym or go for a nice run around the neighborhood. Taking a yoga class is a great option too!
- Get into nature – Take advantage of this beautiful fall weather and go for a hike, go kayaking, or another activity that resonates with you. Better yet, head somewhere you’ve never been before!
- Plan ahead – Organization can really help. Make yourself a weekly list of one holiday task to complete each day and follow it every week from now until Christmas. This can be buying gifts, wrapping them, mailing Christmas cards, or whatever else is looming.
Escape to a relaxing day spa environment at Serendipity Wellness Spa – and check out our monthly specials!
Sometimes, of course, you just need a more of an escape from your home or work environment. We are here at Serendipity to help you escape the holiday hustle and bustle!
And even better, we’ve got monthly deals to help keep your wallet full! Check out these great November specials:
- Skin Refresher Facial w/Dermaplane for $70 (usually $80)
- Skin Refresher Facial w/Microdermabrasion for $60 (usually $70)
- Free Aromatherapy upgrade with any massage (usually $15)
These deals cannot be combined with other offers and are only good for appointments booked for service in November 2021. So gobble them up before they’re gone!